Do you want to start a partnership with BSP Life?
Accountant – Life Insurance
This position is based in Port Moresby, and reports to the Finance Manager of BSP Life PNG Limited. The incumbent is required to support the Finance Manager with the monthly/Quarterly and Annual Financial Reporting requirements including preparation of management reports, compliance reporting to the Central bank and the development of policies and procedures.
- Preparation of periodic reports including monthly management reports, quarterly board reports and group reports for management and Board reporting.
- Complete all monthly General Ledger reconciliations
- Manage all payments for BSP Life PNG either through the Group Finance Team or through Internet Banking.
- Prepare quarterly and annual returns and any other disclosures to Bank of Papua New Guinea
- Ensure appropriate management of BSP Life’s Fixed Assets Register to ensure records are properly recorded and reported
- Manage the reinsurance payment process
- Preparing annual budgets and quarterly rolling forecast
- Preparing tax returns
- Assist in preparing half year and annual financial statements for BSP Life PNG Limited and assist with reviews by External Auditors
- Assist in preparing policies and procedures for the company where applicable
- Manage the company’s chart of accounts and Sun Systems Accounting system
- Prepare Insurance Agents payroll on a bi- monthly basis for Life Insurance Sales Agents
- Assist with any other tasks assigned by the Finance Manager.
Essential Qualifications, Professional/Skills and Experience:
- University Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Business Management.
- Full Member of CPA or working towards attaining CPA qualification
- Certificate in Life Insurance is desirable
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Accounting, preferably in a Life Insurance Business.
- Sound knowledge of industry and legislative/compliance requirements
- Sound knowledge of Accounting Standards
- Target oriented with ability to perform well under deadlines and high-pressure situations
If you think you have the appropriate skills and experiences to perform the role? Send your application and detailed CV to:
Applications close on Thursday, 5th January, 2023.